Keiser University is a non-profit university and is the largest of its kind in Florida, U.S. It hosts a vibrant community of more than 20,000 students and enjoys accreditation and excellent national ranking by the U.S. News & World Report.
Keiser’s flagship residential campus is home to approximately 1,500 students from all over the world and spread over 100 beautiful green acres in the heart of West Palm Beach, where students have exciting opportunities at their fingertips. With days full of sunshine, the location boasts stunning waterfront views as well as close proximity to Disney, NASA, South Beach and entertainment activities that include outdoor festivals, theatres, museums, hiking, biking, world-class shopping amenities, and more.
Table of Contents
About Keiser University
At Keiser, students can choose from many associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degree programs. Areas of study help students enter in-demand career fields, covering business, golf or sport management, engineering, pre-med, pre-law, information technology, nursing, and much more. The university maintains several campuses across Florida and internationally, including in Shanghai China and San Marcos Nicaragua.
The university places a clear focus on international representation across its student community, offering students from all over the world a new home and social opportunities. It invests heavily in support services that improve Keiser students’ educational experiences. There’s lots to get involved with outside of the classroom, including 29 sports teams featuring NAIA teams and club sports.
Keiser university offers students outstanding educational quality, supported by small class sizes and expert staff who have a passion for their subjects. The university thrives on a culture of ‘students first’, and this is reflected in graduate success at Keiser. Graduates at the university complete their course with valuable skills and in-demand knowledge.
New programs at Flagship
There are a number of new programs now being offered from Keiser’s Flagship Campus. These are:
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Master of Science in Golf Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Exercise and Sport Science
- Associate of Science in Applied Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Analytics
- Bachelor of Arts in Cinematic Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with an Esports gaming concentration
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in animation and Game Design
There are also a number of new programs including athletics, e-Sports, fishing club, women’s flag football and a clay shooting club team.
Keiser University continues to shine in national university and college ranking, gaining accolades such as:
The U.S. News & World Report ranked Keiser as:
- Number one for social mobility in 2023 in the US, 1st in Florida
In 2022, Niche ranked Keiser as:
- 17th for Best Online Colleges in the US
- 14th best college in Florida
- Number 29 best Hispanic serving Institution in the U.S.
- 6th for Top Private Colleges in Florida
- Forbes Magazine 2022 College Financial Grades Top 100
- Money Magazine 2020 No. 12 for Best Value Colleges in America
- Learfield Directors Cup – No 1 in NAIA 2021
How much will it cost?
|Average tuition fees per year
|To live on campus
Scholarships & funding
A variety of scholarships are in place to support high-achieving students and those who need financial aid. To be eligible, students must be enrolled in an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s program and meet other requirements.
Scholarships from the university include the Keiser Merit Scholarship Awards and Athletic Scholarship Awards. Private scholarships are also on offer from external partners for students who meet the criteria. Keiser’s Financial Aid department can advise on where to find what’s available and how to get more information. University awards depend on GPA scores and are renewable for four years. They include:
- International Freshman Scholarship – up to USD 16,000 per year
- Transfer Scholarships – up to USD 9,000 per year
- Graduate School Scholarships – up to USD 12,000 per year
To study at Keiser, international students need to meet the different entry requirements. This includes being able to write, read, and speak English fluently. The requirements are:
- Successful completion of secondary-level school education (equivalent to U.S. high school)
- Proof of finances that will cover tuition fees and other necessary expenses (or proof of qualifying for financial aid)
- If students are not native English speakers, they must demonstrate proficiency in the English language (a minimum TOEFL paper-based exam score of 500, computer-based exam score of 173 or internet-based score of 61, or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0)
The university only accepts F-1 visas based on the chosen program of study. International students can apply through the admissions office and must submit their applications at least two months before the start of their programs. For students who can’t meet the English language requirements, there is an Intensive English Language program they can take before their academic studies.
Transfer credits are evaluated on a course equivalency basis.
Department and Faculty
Keiser University offers learners an impressive student-to-faculty ratio of 15:1, and supports classes of which nearly 50 percent of classes have less than 20 students.
Students can experience quality classroom learning through a variety of delivery mediums including face to face and online, and hybrid. Students can easily communicate with their teachers and lecturers, who work hard to offer an immersive and practical learning experience.
According to Niche, 88 percent of students at Keiser say their professors put a lot of effort into teaching. 82 percent of students say that it’s easy to get the classes they want, and 82 percent say the workload is easy to manage.
Keiser was initially founded because of the area’s need for a practical career education. It attracts learners who look for a personalized educational environment that is enriched by industry equipment and technologies.
The university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and School and Commission on Colleges. It’s active within advisory boards for each program, and curriculum, facilities and equipment are regularly reviewed to ensure students get the best education possible in their chosen areas.
Over 100 associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degree programs are available to choose from, in a range of fields from business to hospitality. The curriculum is career-focused, and the university regularly reviews program content to ensure that it stays on top of industry development. Available programs cover:
- Accounting, finance
- Business, international business, entrepreneurship
- Management, human resources
- Automotive dealership
- Cinematic arts
- Criminal justice, political science
- English for speakers of other languages
- Golf management
- Equine studies
- Applied engineering, software engineering
- Fire science, biomedical sciences
- Transportation and logistics
- General studies, interdisciplinary studies
- Health care, nursing, chiropractic
- Homeland security, cybersecurity
- Information technology
- Marketing, communications
- Exercise science, sport management, sports medicine, fitness technology
- Web and mobile development
Campus and facilities
The university’s flagship campus is based in scenic West Palm Beach, a city packed full of opportunities and adventure. The campus has everything that students could need to support them during their studies, including departments for academic affairs, student services, and administration. Students can take a virtual tour of the campus to get an idea of what’s on offer.
Academic facilities include computer and medical labs, industry-focused learning equipment, numerous workstations and a career center. As well as many learning resources, the library and learning commons consists of individual study spaces, and quiet areas. The university’s bookstore, both online and on-campus, provides books, course materials, accessories, clothing, gifts, and other supplies.
There are also many services that ensure everyone has a comfortable and enjoyable experience at the university. This includes sports and fitness facilities, lounge spaces, on-site parking, counseling and mental health services and physiotherapy. Students can take advantage of suite-style residences, meal plans, WiFi and recreational areas, intramural activities, athletic teams, and club sports.